The impact of online reviews
According to multiple surveys conducted by Woodbury University, Neilson, Search Engine Land, and Pepperdine University reviews are the second most trusted form of advertising. The most highly trusted form of marketing was recommendations from people they know – personal recommendations.
If you take a look at the chart you can see some pretty interesting statistics.
- 86% of consumers that use online reviews
- 79% of consumers that trust online reviews as much as personal referrals
- 80% of consumers that would try a business that had 4 stars or more
- 14% of consumers that would try a business that had 3 stars or less
- 2% of consumers that would try a business that had no reviews
The most fascinating aspect is that people are more 4x more likely to try a business with a 4 star rating than a 3 star or less. Does this hold true for you?
When people Google your business name, what are they seeing?